FREE legal services and information
Friday, January 20, 2017
McCaw Hall at Seattle Center (321 Mercer Street, Seattle, WA 98109)
Do you need help applying for citizenship?
Check-in from 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM
- Immigration attorneys and experts will help you fill out your application.
- You need to be a legal permanent resident (green card holder).
- You will need to bring your green card and other immigration documents. Details on what to bring are at: seattle.gov/iandraffairs.
Do you need to plan for your family’s safety?
“Know Your Rights” Sessions: 3:00 PM, 5:00 PM, and 7:00 PM
- Learn about what to do if Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents stop you or come to your door.
- Take steps to protect your children and family.
- Learn about your rights as an immigrant, regardless of your status.
Do you need legal help?
Check-in from 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Talk to Immigration attorneys about your options.
- Fill out forms needed to protect your family: power of attorney, temporary guardianship, and other forms.
- Get your Mexican citizenship, passport, and birth certificate through Mexican Consulate document services.
- Bring any immigration and court documents, if you have them.
City of Seattle representatives will also be available to talk about services, such as:
- ORCA Lift ( discounted public transportation card)
- Utility Discount Program
- Information on wage theft and unfair employment practices
- And more..
To qualify for these City of Seattle services, you will need proof of income and a photo ID. For a complete list of documents to bring, go to http://www.seattle.gov/iandraffairs